Obviously, we all know that Delta Force is a big influence on Task Force Elite. And probably 90% of the people here played them. With that being said, from best-to-worst, how would you rank the Delta Force titles? The expansions (Task Force Dagger/Team Sabre) and console one-off (Urban Warfare) is not included.

In my personal opinion...

1. Delta Force 2 (it improved on the original, and smoothed out any faults or issues)

2. Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (the classic that everyone loves, it was innovative in so many ways)

3. Delta Force: Land Warrior (although not a vast improvement over 2, it still provided a lot of fun)

4. Delta Force (the one that started it all and is highly influential, but doesn't have the long-term replayability)

5. Delta Force Xtreme (although the game has its moments, it is a step backwards from the successful BHD)

6. Delta Force Xtreme 2 (this one was a last ditch effort, and was obviously rushed out the gate)

• Like 1

1. Delta Force Black Hawk Down.

2. Delta Force Land Warrior.

I have not played the other Delta Force games you listed

Edited by KawasakiW@W

Angel Falls, an absolute classic!

I never played any of the JO games. I guess they can be considered spin-offs. I see their servers are still populated, on par with BHD's numbers.

• Haha 1

All of the games mentioned are classics. I still host a server for the Joint Operations International Conflict and the International Conflict Europe Mods. As for the Delta Force Xtreme 2 game,  there is a Mod called called Black Ops which is quite enjoyable.   

I think I had the most fun on Land Warrior and Delta Force 2, the others incorporate vehicles and for me that makes it less fun. All about those infantry fire-fights! The gun battles are the most fun to me, not being ran over by apcs or tanks in JO (even though JO is fun...) or m203'd from a helicopter like in Xtreme, that was the worst.

The gun battles and maps were great in DFLW and in DF2 hiding in the tall pixel grass is always so much fun. No other game really captured that effect of camouflage, apart from JO which tried to, than DF2 (even to the point of being one of the few to actually provide a guile suit).

Edited by propheseid

Joint Operations is by far number one do to its gun play and objective type of game mods ! plus those 150 player 2 hour Twin island games .. boy ..

then  Land Warrior  

DFX2

Black Hawk Down

DFX

DF2 

DFX ( Is just a remake of DF1 so to me DF1 will share this spot as well )

I say.  Best to worst was,

1. Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre
  2. Delta Force Xtreme 2
  3. Delta Force Xtreme
  4. Delta Force: Land Warrior

BHD was the best game for clan matches, competitively beat the rest of the games hands down in that department.

So I'd have to go BHD, closely followed by DFX.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bulldog1 said:

Out of all of them my top three would be,

1) DFX2

2) DFX 

3) BHD

Would have to agree with Bully on this 1

I liked LW and TFD more than the later games because they had less clunky movement and less blatant glitches.

Joint Ops to me feels very slow, clunky and it is obviously very glitchy in comparison. The best infantry firefights were on LW and TFD, in my perspective.

I play a little bit of JO last night and man that game has not aged well.

I only played DFX2 open beta a little bit so I don't know about that game very much, but DFX was kind of annoying because of the vehicles. But I prefer infantry firefights so, that's just me.

Edited by propheseid
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1. DF2  

2. BHDTS

3.DFX2

I really like bhdts but the 203 spam can get pretty bad sometimes

• Like 1

1. DF1
2. DFBHD
3. DF2
4. DFLW
5. DFTFD
6. JO
999999. DFX/X2

Edited by DUZ
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• RJS_Psycho changed the title to Delta Force - How would you rank the classic Delta Force titles?

1. LW (played it the most, the clan wars and server raids were great fun)

2. BHD (would have spent more time on it if i wasnt so focused on LW)

3. JO (loved the idea of mass 150 ppl battles)

Didnt spend enough time on the other games to judge them fairly 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 5:51 PM, RJS_lllama loves you said:

don't forget the bestest one

image.png.d6ed899c1787d528cc2015aaca839f9a.png

😉

Even more rare than DFAF... DF Cuba!

YeQFLnk.png

Edited by PANiC

1. DFLW in my opinion the fastest one.. That fantastic run and Gun sniping and the laggjumping from the side of the hills. All the matches and leagues.. i Remember go up in the middle of the Night just becuse We had a league on US timezones and play until the morning and then go to work

2. BHD a game that i Have Played atleast 100 million hours of.. sniping all over the World 😂 Good fun with Loads of torneys and leagues in the beginning

3.DF2.... the Guillie suit... Thats it

DFX, JO... in my opinion This is were the company goes down... there mistake lays somehow in the decition not to invest in a new engine hand in hand with the veicles all over the place.. 

I only ever played BHD (and a very little TS). So it's BHD for me 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RJS_Psycho said:

I was totally unaware of that one (Cuba)

I think over a short period of time it was DF Black Ops, DF Angel Falls, DF Cuba Libre then Acid Gambit, then we got none of 'em 😭

e4V28x3.jpgGi54exb.jpgYbQ5Axr.png