3 hours ago, PANiC said:

I think over a short period of time it was DF Black Ops, DF Angel Falls, DF Cuba Libre then Acid Gambit, then we got none of 'em 😭

Acid Gambit? Haven't heard about this one, but sounds sort of like BF2142 😄

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 11:51 AM, RJS_lllama loves you said:

don't forget the bestest one

image.png.d6ed899c1787d528cc2015aaca839f9a.png

😉

Yep, I was so psyched, only to find out it was fake I guess.  

• Haha 1

Well it wasn't fake, but it was just a rehash of Xtreme 2 with little improvement, from what I gathered. They weren't able to get it to the finish line tho. Game dev is a tough business 😛

My squad leader managed to talk to some one at Novalogic and they got talking about Angel Falls. Sounds like they had some cool updates in the works for map editing - something about "Spline based editing"... about all I remember as that was 10+ years ago.

Any ways, my ranking of the Novalogic games:

1. BHD/TS - I actually didn't like it at first for some reason, went back to BHD for a bit. I still remember the first barrel I shot at first time I played BHD.
2. Landwarrior - My first introduction to FPS

3. DFX2 w/deep jungle mod
4. JO

While I own the rest, I only popped into them once, and only own them because of a sale that bundled them all up. But didn't play enough to rate.

On 11/16/2020 at 5:48 PM, RJS_Psycho said:

Well it wasn't fake, but it was just a rehash of Xtreme 2 with little improvement, from what I gathered. They weren't able to get it to the finish line tho. Game dev is a tough business 😛

DF AF screenshots (40): ttps://imgur.com/a/AtccFUR

More like a continuation for JO than a DFX with little improvements.

Edited by DUZ
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, DUZ said:

DF AF screenshots (40): ttps://imgur.com/a/AtccFUR

More like a continuation for JO than a DFX with little improvements

Seems like it would really have been a cool game. Why did they stop development? Lack of funding or?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes the studio collapsed, people quit or where fired and funding ran out.

• Sad 1

One thing that caused the demise of Novalogic was the fact that they were caught using pirated Windows 7, Photoshop and Microsoft Office. They were sued, then they had to pay fines along with restitution for the companies they stole the software from; and used to develop the games. There were also many other factors but this situation was the beginning of the end. Anyway, my ratings.

Best to worst.

1. BHD

2. DFX

3. Joint Ops

4. DFX2

5. DF2

• Like 1

Thats why angle falls was never completed Adobe sued novalogic.

1. BHD (Still Playing Today)

2. DFX (Flopped)

3. Joint Ops (flopped)

4. DF2  (Fun Game in its time)

5. DF1 (beginning of FPS gaming for me)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I came in to Delta Force just as DF 2 was being readied for release.   Delta Force 2s release nailed it as THE Onfoot Milcombat PC experience. No other milcombat game Dev at the time could compete. Nothing came close to the experience that DF 2 delivered. And tbh, imho every game Nova released after DF 2 was a step backward for Novalogic games. Especially when they added overpowered Vehicles. That literally killed the onfoot experience that put Nova on top. And it all went downhill from there.... sadly.

DF 2s Wind Effected bullet trajectory, grass that concealed at ANY distance, Bullet drop, and onthefly Adjustable ACOGs.

Ask anyone who religiously played DF 2, and they`d agree..... the above features are what allowed DF 2 to rise above all others.  And to this day, DF 2 still hasn`t been bettered.  still waiting though. 😜

Edited by Shaitan
added content
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

From best to worst:

1. BHD - Love sniping pixels from a mile away.

2. LW - Gunning from a mile away on burst and retrieving your gun from your neck after 2 rounds.

3. TS - Even though it was almost over then.

Had some fun times playing 8 hours straight w/o food or anything.

• Like 3

Delta Force 2

BHD

Delta Force

Task Force Dagger

Delta Force X2

Joint Ops

In my humble opinon Delta Force 2 was the Best ever title they gave us followed closely by BHD 

They lost me when they brought chopper and crap into the game like DFX and so on .

• Like 2

Throw five JO and DF series fans into the ring and they'll start fighting over which game is better.

JO fans will win because they have APCs and BTRs, lol.

The truth is that each of the NovaLogic titles had something unique about them and each was great in other dimension. DF had amazing fights using mostly firearms, amazing teamwork, fast CQ fights.
JO gave you total freedom to fight - you could flank the action center, fight side by side with your med team, you could fly helicopters, fight using a tank, play between TDM, TKOTH, AAS and many more, everything with up to 150 players.
JO will always be the game I love above all else, however I totally understand the DF fanatics who spent as many thousands of hours on the title as JO fanatics on their beloved game.

TFE has a chance to attract fans of both series here and dear devs - everything is in your hands. However, you can rest easy because we are here to help you create something we've been waiting for at least a decade now.

Edited by GeRo-
  • Like 2

JOTR ( Typhoon Rising ) Was number 1 in my books for the maps and gameplay. JOE (Escalation) was the expansion that brought in Tanks and more Vehicular warfare which brought in the apaches and bigger "open" maps.. was not a fan but it did have some great infantry maps as well.. and played BHD way back shortly after its release then into Team Sabre. Cant say anything wrong about that title. 

1. JOTR

2. BHD 

3. JOE 

Nothing else matters. 

Edited by VIp3r.-
  • Like 2

On 11/2/2020 at 3:45 PM, RJS_lllama loves you said:

Acid Gambit? Haven't heard about this one, but sounds sort of like BF2142 😄

I could've swore that there was another Delta Force title that was in development but was scrapped; however, the one I'm thinking of was either the Delta Force 2 era or Land Warrior/Task Force Dagger era.

Although I remember when Land Warrior was initially called "Delta Force 3" in beta previews, but they dropped the number later on.

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2020 at 12:52 AM, wildwilly/ said:

BHD was the best game for clan matches, competitively beat the rest of the games hands down in that department.

played them all think might have even been on dial up lol on dfiw  but  bhd was the game changer i think ,i remember  seeing noobs(and me ) looking up in air with bino,s in amazment and never ending maps (wow)and the best matches were on bhd as willy said  but joint ops took it to another level and is still going strong today in the c,c s place good bunch of lads and lasses 

• Like 2

1.) DF1 (Simple, elegant, and sadly aged terribly graphics-wise)

2.) BHD (Though didn't like the same few maps being played constantly - during BHD prime days *cough* Panic Attack *cough*  - among other urban maps)

3.) DFX1 (Could have been better with just a few minor fixes)

4.) DFX2 (Would definitely remain at or near the bottom if I added all Nova games)

These are just the games that I've played a meaningful amount of time with. Can't judge others.

• 4 weeks later...

Df2 - Graphics and gameplay somehow was the best on this one  for me anyhow i played majority of df's
df1. Clans , Maps , Tournaments etc was off the hook seeing the scene explode and not seen another df make their own gametype...
Bhd. No comment played it but wasnt the same as df1/2/ lw vybes
Dfx2 they tried to hard and made it worse than df1/2 somehow like bhd 😞

The games i dissed had a whole next level of singleplayer which was a huge game changer just was too much for me the psp's etc was agood move too i stuck to the df1/2 community my whole career. #DEA #SS #CZNTOETAGS(l)

cant speak much of DF1 as i didnt play it online. i only have it becuase of the 10th anni release.

i started in DF2 in nov '99. i do still play but not as much as i did back then. i was involved with the TXP2 mod that was never released, but most of the assets were released to tomkat for his DF2 EVO mod and a bunch of people play in that server.

DFLW i reached the level of 2nd LT in my 1st go 'round in 2000 or 01. i played it before NL banned the MM1 from the game, lol.

dagger: i didnt play online. played a ton of coops, especially all those darn =M= coops.

BHD.....played ever since the beta demo was released. even ran servers in it and the full release for years. SFH HELLZONE. i still am not a 100% fan of TS, but it was part of the evolution, so....

JO/JO:E: played almost from day1. twin islands demo was wild. the volcano map was cool. then when jo:e was released, spent many hours in the beta tests. coop maps were tough, but NL caved to the whiners and nerfed them into what the stock coops are today.

dfx, didnt play much. got the game for free.

dfx2, same. got it for free but did participate in the beta tests. pretty much showed the testers how to blast a chopper out of the sky when on an emplaced .50 cal when it was still 300+ meters out(thousands of hours playing coop helped, lol).

for me:

JO/JO:E

DF2

BHD

LW