3 hours ago, PANiC said:

I think over a short period of time it was DF Black Ops, DF Angel Falls, DF Cuba Libre then Acid Gambit, then we got none of 'em 😭

Acid Gambit? Haven't heard about this one, but sounds sort of like BF2142 😄

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 11:51 AM, RJS_lllama loves you said:

don't forget the bestest one

image.png.d6ed899c1787d528cc2015aaca839f9a.png

😉

Yep, I was so psyched, only to find out it was fake I guess.  

• Haha 1

Well it wasn't fake, but it was just a rehash of Xtreme 2 with little improvement, from what I gathered. They weren't able to get it to the finish line tho. Game dev is a tough business 😛

My squad leader managed to talk to some one at Novalogic and they got talking about Angel Falls. Sounds like they had some cool updates in the works for map editing - something about "Spline based editing"... about all I remember as that was 10+ years ago.

Any ways, my ranking of the Novalogic games:

1. BHD/TS - I actually didn't like it at first for some reason, went back to BHD for a bit. I still remember the first barrel I shot at first time I played BHD.
2. Landwarrior - My first introduction to FPS

3. DFX2 w/deep jungle mod
4. JO

While I own the rest, I only popped into them once, and only own them because of a sale that bundled them all up. But didn't play enough to rate.

On 11/16/2020 at 5:48 PM, RJS_Psycho said:

Well it wasn't fake, but it was just a rehash of Xtreme 2 with little improvement, from what I gathered. They weren't able to get it to the finish line tho. Game dev is a tough business 😛

DF AF screenshots (40): ttps://imgur.com/a/AtccFUR

More like a continuation for JO than a DFX with little improvements.

Edited by DUZ
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, DUZ said:

DF AF screenshots (40): ttps://imgur.com/a/AtccFUR

More like a continuation for JO than a DFX with little improvements

Seems like it would really have been a cool game. Why did they stop development? Lack of funding or?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes the studio collapsed, people quit or where fired and funding ran out.

• Sad 1

One thing that caused the demise of Novalogic was the fact that they were caught using pirated Windows 7, Photoshop and Microsoft Office. They were sued, then they had to pay fines along with restitution for the companies they stole the software from; and used to develop the games. There were also many other factors but this situation was the beginning of the end. Anyway, my ratings.

Best to worst.

1. BHD

2. DFX

3. Joint Ops

4. DFX2

5. DF2

• Like 1

Thats why angle falls was never completed Adobe sued novalogic.

1. BHD (Still Playing Today)

2. DFX (Flopped)

3. Joint Ops (flopped)

4. DF2  (Fun Game in its time)

5. DF1 (beginning of FPS gaming for me)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I came in to Delta Force just as DF 2 was being readied for release.   Delta Force 2s release nailed it as THE Onfoot Milcombat PC experience. No other milcombat game Dev at the time could compete. Nothing came close to the experience that DF 2 delivered. And tbh, imho every game Nova released after DF 2 was a step backward for Novalogic games. Especially when they added overpowered Vehicles. That literally killed the onfoot experience that put Nova on top. And it all went downhill from there.... sadly.

DF 2s Wind Effected bullet trajectory, grass that concealed at ANY distance, Bullet drop, and onthefly Adjustable ACOGs.

Ask anyone who religiously played DF 2, and they`d agree..... the above features are what allowed DF 2 to rise above all others.  And to this day, DF 2 still hasn`t been bettered.  still waiting though. 😜

Edited by Shaitan
added content
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

From best to worst:

1. BHD - Love sniping pixels from a mile away.

2. LW - Gunning from a mile away on burst and retrieving your gun from your neck after 2 rounds.

3. TS - Even though it was almost over then.

Had some fun times playing 8 hours straight w/o food or anything.

• Like 2