Black Hawk Down - Current State

You know, I've recently had some down time and ventured my way back into BHD after several years away.

I was relieved and happy to see multiple servers up after all these years. However, I've had nothing but issues in almost every server I've went into and it's quite sad to see the remnants of this game are nothing but ban happy asshats (forgive me but it's frustrating).

I'm friendly, and respectful of all servers I go into but I've been met with constant accusations due to higher headshot counts than most. I've been banned due to this in several servers. I've been banned for looking "suspicious" supposedly in a few servers after being spec modded (made by a hacker, the irony). I stream my game play just to try and help prove the legitimacy and it's still not enough for some.

Sorry for the rant but I've been an avid fan of the game since launch and DF2 and it's just a little disheartening to see what the remnants of the game have done with the community... it's sad

spart86a.png

Edited by Venom
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Yea nova servers arent very good for that, W@W server is cool though.

You can also try Gameranger BHD servers they arent so ban happy

• Like 4

It is that vary attitude of the players that was a main contribution to me quitting BHD/TS. 

I don't have the exact year, but one year you could just tell corner had been turned in the class of players. Even in my own squad server the complaints about glitches abounded.  I had one squad member who was really bad at calling out the glitches. Kept at it until I started pointing out all of his glitches.

And being suspicious isn't a good enough reason to ban. Any one will look suspicious who understand how BHD works and uses that to their advantage vs the players who don't learn more then to point and shoot.

IcI

• Like 4

I thought you were hacking to. Playing against you, cause you weren't taking damage from my multiple headshots. hit markers galore.
Actually made me rage quit the game. lol....  

After reading this post I feel kind of bad for thinking that.  

LOL.

It's annoying when players call other players hackers without any proof, just because they're better than them.

I feel sorry for @DanWhyNot and @Demonic as people seem to make innuendo to this whenever they play.

• Like 6

Good players have always had issues in FPS proving they were not cheating. Its frustrating, while I am not good enough for that to be an issue for me anymore I use to find that problem a lot in my DF2 clan match days. 

Edited by Killerbee

Its a tough situation to be sure.  Many folks egos just cant take that someone could be better then they are, or at the very least luckier at something.

With that said, I have seen trusted squad mates get bored with the game and start glitching, and ultimately hacking, just to have some new "stimulation".  Very sad days indeed when they were caught, but at least a couple of them admitted it and offered explanation (not excuses).

I don't think there is any right answer to the problem, and I do not think it will ever be solved.  As long as code has been written, others have found intrigue or sport in changing it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Venom, are you the former Venom SK from back in the day? If so you', 2's and a few others made the rest of us look ordinary. 

The guys at NoS are a good bunch and still play mainly sniper maps. 

• 1 month later...

this topic makes me want to go brush up on some of my BHD playing. lol!

• Like 1