Auto re-scoping

Always a bad surprise...
It's happening on M4 and AUG, weapons with a second firing mode.

Edited by DUZ

• DUZ changed the title to Auto re-scoping

Also happening after reloading...

not a massive issue really

It was done like so by design actually

Posted (edited)

I understand that you tried to simulate BHD in this but this still weird because the idea behind changing to M203, reloading etc is that you choose or was forced to face another situation, different from the previous one where you choose to use the scope, for a reason. I think this is not logical, that's why we don't see it in other games. The closest thing I know is the CSGO AWP re-scoping, but it doesn't happen after reloading which looks more like a bug (even not being) than a feature.

In BHD/JO the M4/M203 red dot scope is opened while changing the firing mode (auto > single > m203), which makes no sense but we shouldn't judge old games with rustic systems. If the idea behind the TFE re-scoping was to simulate this, I think it gone wrong. The result imho is the scope reopening by surprise in situations where you clearly had other ideas in mind. It happens to me all the time.
While reloading, the BHD (all DFs) idea of maintaining the scope opened is just bad because you're ignoring the fact that the player model is performing the reload animation. This seems at the very least impractical.

Edited by DUZ

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.