Is there an automatic range finder for those who use a sniper rifle?

I played against this  player who i missed with my shot (nothing unusual i hear you say. lol) he turned completely to my direction made one shot followed by another and killed me within  2 seconds. It takes me a few seconds and not under pressure to do this, this guy wow!!

Maybe i'm just to old to play these games anymore..

It took me little bit to figure out the drop depending on range, and just from that I was able to determine future range depending on distance. As far as auto range finder, when I was sniping. I saw the range on the scope as far as the distance. 

As an old Deltaforce gamer and learning to snipe it is wise to learn the caracteristics of the riffles. i have learned to average and either aim just higher for longer distances and lower for the closer targets. It takes a few to learn and shoot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tazmanian said:

As an old Deltaforce gamer and learning to snipe it is wise to learn the caracteristics of the riffles. i have learned to average and either aim just higher for longer distances and lower for the closer targets. It takes a few to learn and shoot.

The old guard! 

if i could do the sniper thing i would write a comment but im a neeb on it...

• Haha 1

Set up an hard elevation to value which fits you best and get use to it. My set up is 300 in most maps, 200 in cqb maps and 400 in medium range maps like Sniper Valley. Aim higher or lower depending on distance and situation in battle, i also have  binded - + elevation function  to additional mouse buttons for quick use. Trick with two quick shots is very helpful, if first one dont land, it serves as correction marker for second one. I’m not determined to aim only for heads so the trick works out for most times, of course if you use fast fireing  rifle like  M21.

• Like 2

almost the same... My setup is 400 allways.. i never change... i have my elevation on keys on keyboard becuse i never use it,, i set it on 400 in start off map and then i never use the key.. im pretty bacis on my set up...  and i never aim for the head specific... its the minor target compared to full body.. and i dont care about hs stats.. the times i do aim is when i know there are a medic close by.... i could do a longer decription about sniping in TFE/BHD etc but.. yeeh maybe someday

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.