Some of my members have questioned the ability of certain players regarding the high percentage of headshots they get after a map. Is it really possible to get over 80% headshots out of 30 plus kills in a run and gun map?

Are the players cheating? Is there an issue with the recording of headshots? 

One thing I do know is that players are leaving when these "highly skilled" players come into our server.

I would be interested to hear peoples opinions on the headshot issue and also what you would do yourself regarding players leaving the server due to these players.

I see peps with 100% HS out of 30 kills
If I shoot after HS I can also get up to 80% it is not quite so difficult if one aims over their head every time.

Only thing for me if i aim for HS i die more...

30 plus kills and 80% are headshots in a map where you are running around? I can understand why some think there is something suspicious going on. Especially when its happening in most maps.

Posted (edited)

There are many players capable of reaching 80%+ easily in a public server where the skill gap is huge and teams are less cohesive (especially about communication) than in a clan x clan match.

While a high HS % may indicate suspicion of aimbot or some problem in the hitbox (what I think doesn't exist), it may also not indicate anything, just a specific playstyle, which doesn't necessarily mean being better or worse than someone and this often confuses many people.

Edited by DUZ

Thanks Duz for your post.

I myself and my BCU admins shall be having a chat regarding the way we wish to run our TFE servers and to agree any actions that we feel necessary to make it a friendly and enjoyable place to come and game.

I certain not all will agree with whatever we decide but at the end of the day they are our servers.

• Like 2

I think the path forward will be a split between competitive and casual servers, and that will naturally happen as we get more players hopefully in the near future.

Competitive players like to grind for performance (like headshot %) and that causes a lot of frustration in casual players. Back in the day this happened to, with competitive servers like *ISA*Arena getting most of the competitive-squad based players for grinding and high level practice for matches.

Eventually I believe there will be enough players in the mix that this won't be as noticeable. But I agree BCU has all the right to pursue the rules to create a casual-friendly enviroment. It may help if the competitive players organize daily play sessions in specific competitive servers for high level practice.

With the introduction of EDDIE and Team Conquer (a more casual-friendly playmode than TKOTH is), I believe the overall experience for casual players will improve greatly.

In TKOTH all players converge to a single point in the map, so it becomes easier to pick enemies off. In Team Conquer the action is more spread around, where even great players will have a difficult time predicting moves.

TKOTH is a competitive game mode to its core, and normally, in the the classics , most public servers were TDM , not TKOTH. I believe Team Conquer has the ability to fit right in, and be a game mode, with a slight slower pace, with more strategy than run&gun&headshot, where the majority of players will be more deadly since its very hard to predict where the players will come from. 

It's possible to hit 80% headshots+, if the player is focused in doing so, specially with the superior TFE netcode, which detects almost instantly the hits. In older games that lag provided additional reaction time, which no longer exist. In BHD. I'll discuss internally about the bullet size, but even if we tweak it, the difference is so small that it won't be noticeable 99% of the time.

My 2 cents 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks Psycho for your comment.

The one thing i will add is that more and more players are actually playing the TKOTH maps as if they were TDM. Not sure if this is due to being fed up with playing the same mode of map or what. I do know that if you were able to have the option to allow multi game modes on a server that would be a great option to have. Many have mentioned that to me in my squad.

Posted (edited)

I noticed something similar @Bulldog1, not always people fighting for the zone anymore. Spawn may be surrounded by players however.

(apologies for off topic)

Edited by PANiC
added tag

Posted (edited)

Habrá que hacer mapas 100% de tiro, mataderos, cajas cerradas ... hay que darles a los jugadores lo que les gusta
como decían los romanos, el pueblo pan y circo ... quieren sangre

Edited by O J. BAMG

1 hour ago, Bulldog1 said:

Thanks Psycho for your comment.

The one thing i will add is that more and more players are actually playing the TKOTH maps as if they were TDM. Not sure if this is due to being fed up with playing the same mode of map or what. I do know that if you were able to have the option to allow multi game modes on a server that would be a great option to have. Many have mentioned that to me in my squad.

With the Reset timer for zone no longer being 15 secs, its also harder for the "casual" players to hold the zone if they are up against higher skilled players. So Ive also noticed ppl playing like its TDM until the last 5 mins of map and then trying to "hold" the zone. Where as before on some maps holding the zone to win was much easier.  But also alot of these maps are "open" around the zone which provides players more opportunities to play the outside and hold angles which might explain why not "everyone" plays for zone. You also dont need every player on your team playing the zone. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Having more Enclosed and unique Buildings like "Bad Beat" for the zone will help and force ppl to play zone as well if they want to clear it. 

Edited by VIp3r.-

1 hour ago, PANiC said:

I noticed something similar @Bulldog1, not always people fighting for the zone anymore. Spawn may be surrounded by players however.

(apologies for off topic)

PANIC that is not off topic as it is a typical example of the way players are tending to play in the servers. 

Tough one...

As one of those that tends to shoot high, this happens in every game I've ever played, it's just the way I've always aimed in an FPS. I know headshots kill faster and that's been my mentality behind it since Black Hawk Down. As several have stated, there's numbers of us from competitive backgrounds where headshots were always a thing. 

With us typically only have 1 server populated (typically TKOTH), I feel people play it however they want rather than focusing on the objective.

• Like 1

is there/will there be a server side setting to turn off headshots? i really would hate to see this part of TFE become the same as it was in BHD. HS % increased in BHD due to there not being a possibility to be revived by a medic, which is why people started hating it so much(lets not talk about shooting someone in the foot in BHD, lol).

didnt one of the battlefield games allow minor headshots to be revived? 

Competitive match players tend to be well trained in hitting headshots, due to it being vital in a match scenario because players can not be medded. It's just something players are well trained in doing.

-----

I think players are leaving your server because you have maps like Sky Garden in rotation.

-----

People saying players play TKOTH more like TDM, got to remember that if you're being killed in your base, you can't get to the zone - therefore playing for the objective. Would also argue that if you want the maps solely played for the zone - turn off snipers...but I don't think that will happen. 

• Sad 1

I just use aimbot, there I SAID IT KAPPA.

And no, seriously... it's really not hard to constantly hit headshots. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redden said:

I just use aimbot, there I SAID IT KAPPA.

And no, seriously... it's really not hard to constantly hit headshots. 

You say it is not hard to constantly get headshots, really? 

5 hours ago, wildwilly/ said:

Competitive match players tend to be well trained in hitting headshots, due to it being vital in a match scenario because players can not be medded. It's just something players are well trained in doing.

-----

I think players are leaving your server because you have maps like Sky Garden in rotation.

-----

People saying players play TKOTH more like TDM, got to remember that if you're being killed in your base, you can't get to the zone - therefore playing for the objective. Would also argue that if you want the maps solely played for the zone - turn off snipers...but I don't think that will happen. 

I think you hit one of the nails on the head there Jordan. "Competitive match players".

We tried to run our server without the voting option as many maps were not getting played. Maps like sky garden would only be played once in the rotation of all the available maps. Some players still left due to this action.

We now have the voting option back on and players leave because the same 6/7 maps are always being voted for.

Some players leave our server when certain so called Competitive players join our server, That includes myself.

This is why we have decided to set our server up exactly how BCU members wish and should others not like it then there are other servers.

1 hour ago, Bulldog1 said:

I think you hit one of the nails on the head there Jordan. "Competitive match players".

We tried to run our server without the voting option as many maps were not getting played. Maps like sky garden would only be played once in the rotation of all the available maps. Some players still left due to this action.

We now have the voting option back on and players leave because the same 6/7 maps are always being voted for.

Some players leave our server when certain so called Competitive players join our server, That includes myself.

This is why we have decided to set our server up exactly how BCU members wish and should others not like it then there are other servers.

Its a rough way to approach it Bulldog and kind of makes you look bad, as servers are limited and so is the playerbase atm. There will always be better players than you and that goes to everyone. Choosing to remove better players from your server when its the only one populated at times doesnt look professional on your end is all im saying. 

BCU can have 10-15 players but as soon as BoF has a player in it, your server dies instantly because of the decisions you make. 

2 minutes ago, VIp3r.- said:

Its a rough way to approach it Bulldog and kind of makes you look bad, as servers are limited and so is the playerbase atm. There will always be better players than you and that goes to everyone. Choosing to remove better players from your server when its the only one populated at times doesnt look professional on your end is all im saying. 

I understand what you are are saying and most likely this will not happen. Ask the question, why do players come to our server as there are others available. Hopefully when the final TFE game is finally complete, hopefully sooner than later, more servers shall be made available by new squads for others to play in.

5 minutes ago, VIp3r.- said:

BCU can have 10-15 players but as soon as BoF has a player in it, your server dies instantly because of the decisions you make. 

No decision has been made yet and it is the choice of everyone what server they play on. Luckily i have many members who would keep our servers going.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bulldog1 said:

I understand what you are are saying and most likely this will not happen. Ask the question, why do players come to our server as there are others available. Hopefully when the final TFE game is finally complete, hopefully sooner than later, more servers shall be made available by new squads for others to play in.

For the most part there is always just 1 server populated unless squad matches are going on. If your server is populated ppl are going to join it if theres nothing else. Ive gone out of my way now to avoid playing in your server to "help" the cause but I cant do that everytime. If I want to play and your server is the only one up im going to join it.

Edited by VIp3r.-

And you are more than welcome in our server. Somebody just has to bite the bullet and wait in a server for others to join even if ours is the most populated. We are lucky as we have many members who will just do that.

Alright ladies and gents.

Long time vet here from DF2 / DF:LW and DF:BHD/TS

Played for Pro. / Mbn. / JTF* 
I'll throw my opinion in if that's alright,

I've noticed in TFE

Going for headshots is a massive part of the game ( Just like it has been in all the Delta Force games previously ). Not only does it stop teams from med rushing to the zone it also grants extra experience for a headshot so essentially it levels you up faster. I don't understand why people moan about people going for headshots and hitting them consistently? I've been aiming for headshots in every competitive game I've ever played in the past 20 years. From Delta force to Call of duty / Counter-strike  and recently Valorant. In each game I've played I've always been a very high rated player. As a competitive player Headshots will ALWAYS be a thing to aim for. If i get below 80% headshots in a game, i sit there and think... Jesus I've had a bad game.

As for the BCU Server, It's a great server to join when there are players on. But removing us '' So called competitive players '' as bulldog put it, Will just ruin the server? We populate it at the minute and with your remarks towards certain people. It is in fact you who is damaging your own server. Seems like you only want people in your server who aren't going to beat you, If you want people to play more towards the zone, Make it a no sniper server and maybe you'll get more people pushing the zone. I've got no issues with any of the BCU members but when i see posts where you are accusing me and certain members in my team of cheating, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Which has put me in a position where if i see a different server with more players ill go there.

I always stream TFE when i play aswell, so if you do start to wonder in a game where youre against me, just tune in and watch :)

twitch.tv/ProdigySo

• Like 2