Team Conquer: How it works

Team Conquer.
How it works?

-There is a new type of PSP: Checkpoint.

a) Checkpoints work differently than the traditional Outposts. Checkpoints come in two forms: Spawnable and non-Spawnable. The icon for both is slightly different.

b) If you attempt to conquer a Checkpoint, you touch the flag pole but you need to make sure that there isn't enemies inside the zone of the checkpoint (yellow area on radar/map). If enemies are inside the zone, the progress bar to conquer the checkpoint is halted, and it resumes once you eliminate all enemies from the zone.

c) Some maps are using large zones while other maps are using small zones. This is experimental to better understand the game flow on both styles.

d) If your team holds all checkpoints, the timer starts counting, and after a certain period of time, if you continue to hold all checkpoints, you win immediately

e) If a team holds all checkpoints, and the timer is counting, but the enemy touches the flag pole of one of the checkpoints, the timer is halted. It only resets if the enemy succesfully conquer the checkpoint.

f) Bots will now attempt to conquer checkpoints and play for objectives

Have fun!

• Like 2

I think all Outposts/Psps in Team Conqueror should allow respawning. That being said, I think having them all up at once isn't the best approach. Perhaps giving 1-2 Outposts per side with 1-2 neutrals in the middle is much better. Forcing the teams to fight head on more instead of just flanking the outside for an Outpost. Also if a team controls all Outposts the game is won. Shouldn't have a timer that starts when controlling them all. This isn't Tkoth
A/B Blue Side
C/D Neutral (Green)
E/F Red Side
Not all maps have to be that way of course with the 2 neutrals But just giving you an idea. So if your on Blue side, you cant take E/F without having control of both C/D first and vice versa.
Currently it feels like TDM just with more Outposts with no order of taking them. Freeballin it. Super casual.
Shouldn't Be able to cap Outposts if your not in the "zone" area, currently you can just tap the pole and run out. All Outposts should have a zone. Small ones don't work, doesn't feel right

• Like 2

i agree with what viper is saying ,it would be better if bases ,spawns were more in a line ,was just carnage last night lol ,and is better to get head on fighting as the whole sqaud can move as one unit and leads to some better battles ,its going well the game it really is and is realy good to see new modes coming in , im a big fan of tkoh and aas and have been on the servers a lot latley in fact not been on any other games since i started playing tfe , in fact its probs the best playable game in a long time and has the protential to be up there . so keep up the good work lads its making my life beteer if no one else ha ha 😁

• Like 4

I am sure that linear Conquer maps will start to appear once Eddie goes out the door.

However, this game mode has already proven that it does make a more interesting casual public server experience than any of the previous game modes. 

Team conquer wasn't designed to replace TKOTH for competitive matches.

By narrowing the width of the map, and play with the length, with the checkpoints more or less in a line, it chokes the action into a narrower playfield, and make it more tug-of-war. Underground is the extreme example of this. But maps like Underground, but with wider widths of 50-100 meters could produce a very interesting experience for this new game mode.

Nonetheless, we're receptive to all feedback and we'll be reviewing it all.

Important notes:

- The map makers will have control on which checkpoints they allow respawn or not. All can be respawnable or none can be respawnable. It's a feature.

- I disagree with instant win upon conquering all checkpoints. But any server could set it to 0 seconds instead of 2 minutes, and make it instant. It's a variable. The community can tweak the meta.

- I agree that so far, the better game flow as shown that bigger zones work better than no zone / smaller zones, and we'll be tweaking the map pool with small zones to haver larger zones in a patch coming shortly.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RJS_Psycho said:

By narrowing the width of the map, and play with the length, with the checkpoints more or less in a line, it chokes the action into a narrower playfield, and make it more tug-of-war. Underground is the extreme example of this. But maps like Underground, but with wider widths of 50-100 meters could produce a very interesting experience for this new game mode.

Important notes:

- I disagree with instant win upon conquering all checkpoints. But any server could set it to 0 seconds instead of 2 minutes, and make it instant. It's a variable. The community can tweak the meta.

It doesn't have to be in a "line" or playing the length always vs the width. Not what im saying at all. Set the checkpoints however ya want long as its balanced for both teams. Just don't have 8 checkpoints available to grab at once??? Set a path but use the entire map its not a hard concept.

I also never said instant respawning for all checkpoints. I said being able to respawn on them if you control them. 

@RJS_Psycho

If you want prime Examples of AAS the way it was in JO I can show you. Something in that direction will be alot better and most ppl would probably agree than what we currently have. 

Edited by VIp3r.-

I understand fully what you're proposing Viper. What I'm saying is that, within the way the game mode functions today, if the map is setup in a different way, the way the game flow will work will be closer to what you are proposing, which is to force a sequence, so that checkpoints need to be taken in a preset sequence. A -> B -> C+D <- E <- F  , or,  A -> B -> C <- D <- E 

I wasn't speaking about the time to respawn, I was speaking to the amount of time it takes to win the map if you hold all the checkpoints.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RJS_Psycho said:

I understand fully what you're proposing Viper. What I'm saying is that, within the way the game mode functions today, if the map is setup in a different way, the way the game flow will work will be closer to what you are proposing, which is to force a sequence, so that checkpoints need to be taken in a preset sequence. A -> B -> C+D <- E <- F  , or,  A -> B -> C <- D <- E 

I wasn't speaking about the time to respawn, I was speaking to the amount of time it takes to win the map if you hold all the checkpoints.

If you hold all checkpoints it shouldnt be instant win if ya apply all the factors Ive mentioned in previous posts especially if its the way you currently have it. Now... Im not against trying the timer if ya put the checkpoints in a sequence Like ya mentioned above as one example. But currently having all Checkpoints available with a timer at the end makes no sense to me. 

Edited by VIp3r.-

How it works: it's the exact same as taking a PSP.

That's all, thanks

• Like 1

I will check back for the next update, hopefully it is done properly by then