EDDIE - Map Maker Release

We're happy to announce that we've finalized EDDIE (the TFE custom map maker based on Unreal Engine 4) and that its ready to be released for the testers who have signup to try out the tool (up to March 15, on this topic).

In order to provide you access to the tool and access to the documentation and how-to's, and if you did signup in advance, please send me a private message here, via forum, with your e-mail address. It has to be the same e-mail address that you used to create your Steam account.

The tool will be available under Steam Tools, in the Steam application.

We'll be using your e-mail address to add you to a private group on Steam who will have access to the tool. We'll be opening discord channel and a forum here for additional support.

As it was explained here:

You must have the following minimum PC specs in order to be accepted as a tester for the tool:

You must have at least 200GB free space. We recommend the i7 or Ryzen7 or better, although quad-core Intel / AMD with 2.5GHZ+ will be able to run it. RAM is one of the most important components, I use and recommend 32GB RAM DDR4, although 16GB should be the minimum to be able to run the editor without crashing it. The more stuff is on the map, the more RAM you will need to handle it. I do not recommend the use of just 8GB RAM, its likely to crash multiple times and you lose your work. As far as graphic card, the requirement should be in tune with the requirement for the game itself, so anything above the 1660gtx you will be OK. Minimum is the GTX770. The hard drive is another very important component, we recommend SSD or M2 pci-e (I use pci-e samsung evolution ssd), although normal HD run it, expect to be slow to open the maps in editor. It will be fine once it's opened. For operating system, minimum requirement is Windows 10 64-bits

The testing phase will start now and will be in effect until full game release. We'll consider opening new batch of signups for testers at a later date.

Any questions you may have, please let me know here and I'll do my best to address them.

Thank you.

RJS Team.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I have signed up for map maker.
so you are very welcome to send me something so I can get started 😉

Edited by Siversen
privat stuff
  • Like 2

For people who never read something.

In order to provide you access to the tool and access to the documentation and how-to's, and if you did signup in advance, please send RJS_Psycho a private message here, via forum, with your e-mail address. It has to be the same e-mail address that you used to create your Steam account.

• Like 3

Also if you are on Discord and will have access to Eddie message me on Discord and I will add a role that will allow you access to the Eddie discussion Channel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

just installed Eddie, but when trying to run it, windows wants to know what application i want to use to open .upk files. do i need the UDK(unreal dev kit) on my pc as well?

hI @jabo1SFH Please refer to this topic: 

This documentation is really necessary for you to know how to get started.

Also post any questions you may have on the forum here:

https://www.taskforceelite.com/forum/60-eddie-map-maker-editor-tool/

So the answers can also help others.

Thank you and have fun!

On 5/27/2021 at 7:01 PM, Brick said:

For people who never read something.

You mean for people who just want to get on with making maps and so on it was ment to be dumbed down a hell of allot and its a new game EXPECT these kind of questions even if they are in Documentation out there